Employer Terms of Engagement
By clicking “Register” or “Confirm” (or similar), you agree to enter into a legally binding contract with The Room. If you wish to terminate this Contract at any time, you may do so by emailing [email protected] and canceling your subscription to our Services.
We provide staffing services to our Clients. The nature of our staffing arrangement includes providing outsourced staff on a subscription basis, providing direct placement of staff for a one-time fee, and other similar arrangements.
You understand that:
- The Services will be provided by The Room (also referred to as “we” and/or “us”), a business unit of African Leadership International, a private company incorporated in Mauritius (“ALI”).
- Newly registered Clients receive a 30-day trial period, where they have the opportunity to try our talent and receive replacements of the talent at no additional charge.
Once you purchase any of our Services, you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes and to additional terms below. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your Services.
You also understand that for subscription agreements:
- Subscriptions are billed and renewed every month and can be canceled at any time.
- Clients are billed for the next month’s subscription up front. This monthly subscription is not refundable once the month has started.
- New subscriptions are prorated until the last day of the month. Then, the employer will enter a monthly billing cycle.
- You will receive an invoice for the upcoming month 7 days before your credit card is charged.
- Payment is due on the 5th of every month.
- We will replace talent at no charge during the first 30 days of an Engagement.
Dissatisfied with the Talent?
- We advise that you give Talent at least one week to prove themselves before you initiate the replacement conversation.
- Where the Client shows that there is indeed an incompatibility between their operations and the Talent, we will provide a replacement at no additional cost to the Client.
If you wish to hire Talent we introduced to you permanently, we will charge a placement fee based on a percentage of the annual subscription fee for that Talent.
Correspondence on cancellation must be shared via email ([email protected]) or via The Room web application 24 hours before the start of the new billing cycle.
There are no refunds once a new monthly billing cycle has started.
Indemnity and Liability
Neither you nor The Room is or will be liable to each other for any special, consequential, incidental, punitive or other indirect damages, losses, costs or expenses of any kind or any lost or imputed profits arising out of this agreement or its termination, however caused, and whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), products liability or any other theory of liability regardless of whether they have been advised of the possibility of such damages, losses, costs or expenses. You and The Room waive any claims that these exclusions deprive one another of an adequate remedy.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
Regardless of your country of residence, you understand and agree that the laws of Mauritius, excluding conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Contract and Services.
You and ALI agree that claims and disputes can be litigated only in Mauritius, and you and we each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
Other Important Terms
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent.
If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract.
This Contract is the only agreement between you and us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we do not act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that we have waived our right to enforce this Contract.
This is not an exclusive agreement. You and We have the right to enter into similar agreements with third parties.
You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that we may assign this Contract to our affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent.
There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
For general inquiries, you may contact us online or by email at [email protected]. For legal notices or service of process, you may write to us at the following address:
“African Leadership Limited
Attn: Legal Department
6th Floor, Tower A
1 Cybercity, Ebene
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at this address.